FIXED Help reconnecting control board for 790.46703605

Krystle

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I was in such a rush to disconnect the control board 316462821 that I forgot to take a picture of it to see how everything connected first! I have everything hooked up except three wires. Three wires, three places for them to connect to, but cannot tell which wire connects to which prong. On the circuit board, one prong says P5, one says P15, and one says "NL or AUX2". Help?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The one on Sears parts site is the correct wiring diagram but I can read it even when I zoom in. Your picture doesn't show me the wire colors or the labeling by the connectors. In pictures it's hard to tell wire colors like brown and black and white and gray. Your tech sheet is in an envelope either taped to the back of the warming drawer or on one of the sides if it's not in the console. If you can't find it look at this diagram:
03.jpg

rickgburton

Staff member
bigbuck to the rescue! The tech sheet angel strikes again...lol Thank man!! Stand by Krystle.

Krystle

Premium Member
Yes! I got the brown one plugged in per your instructions. It WAS paired with a yellow one.

The other two are P5 and P15. Both female disconnects are attached to black wires, but one of the disconnects is actually attached to two black wires. As in, the two black wires feed into the same female disconnect while the other female disconnect has only one black wire. I hope that makes sense.

rickgburton

Staff member
They are both L1 so it doesn't matter which black wire goes on P15 and which one goes to P5 so put the double black wire on P15 and the single black wire on P5. You're done!