• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Help! Replaced evaporator fan in my Frigidaire FRS26RLECS0 and it doesn’t spin, just pulses

favrescrocs

Premium Member
Model Number
FRS26RLECS0
Brand
Frigidaire
My Frigidaire FRS26RLECS0 was building up ice and not able to hold cold temps in freezer or fridge. I took off the back panel of freezer and noticed evaporator fan wasn’t spinning with door open or with door trigger pushed in so I ordered a replacement fan.

It came today and I installed it fully expecting it to solve my problem. The blade just pulses not spinning even a quarter revolution before stopping. Nothing is impeding the fan from spinning in fact see troubleshooting #1 below

Here is the troubleshooting I’ve done:
  1. Hardwired the fan directly to a wall outlet and it spins fine
  2. Measured Resistance in the motor when it isn’t installed - 136.5 ohms
  3. Measured voltage at the fridge wires that I am connecting the fan to before hooking it up - 120.1 v without fluctuations
  4. measured voltage after connecting new fan to powered wires with fridge plugged in - it fluctuates between 1.0 and 1.6 volts
I’m stumped. Any ideas on why the voltage drops only when hooking up the new fan? I consider myself pretty handy and love the satisfaction of repairing something myself but I am far outside my areas of experience.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's exactly what I was going to suggest to do next is BENCH TEST IT with a old lamp cord.:)

This model uses the Adaptive Defrost Control Board, and that is malfunctioning and causing the surging in that evaporator fan motor.

This is the part you need to fix it:
5303918476 Adaptive Defrost Control Board

BUT, They no longer make that part, unfortunately.

Jake