• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Help! Samsung RF263BEAESR/AA freezer not cooling, evap coil at room temp. Fridge cooling okay.

Mike63334

Premium Member
Model Number
RF263BEAESR
Brand
Samsung
A few months ago we had a problem with the fridge not cooling properly but the freezer was fine. After verifying that the defrost system was working but ice still built up on the evap coil in the fridge I put a new sealing gasket around the twin cooling panel and thawed everything out, cleaned out all 3 drain tubes, cleaned dust our of the condenser coils in back etc.

It had been fine since then, now the freezer is 61 degrees, the fridge is at 39 allthough it's set to 35. I took the cover off that goes over the evap coil in the freezer expecting it to be iced up and it was not, it was also completely at room temp.

Both copper lines coming into the coil are slightly cool to the touch right as they come into the freezer compartment, the rest is warm. The evap fan comes on and works fine. There are no error codes, Also the red light on the inverter board is on solid, not blinking. Any ideas on what to try next or if it's probably the compressor or a blockage in the sealed system?

I don't have manifold gauges and don't mess with the freon part of it, but am great with anything electrical since I mainly repair tvs. I have checked all temp sensors, thermistors, etc that I could find and they seem to be within the proper resistance range. Thanks in advance,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If the compressor is running and the condenser fan motor next to the compressor is running and its not cooling to 0 degrees F and there is no frost build up on the evaporator coil, that indicates a sealed system problem.

Check your owners manual warranty, some models have up to a 10 year limited warranty on the sealed system/compressor.

You can contact Samsung at 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864) to come out.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.