• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED HELP! Whirlpool Dishwasher WDTA50SAHZ0 LEAKING AT DOOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsonlydoug

Premium Member
Model Number
WDTA50SAHZ0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hey All,

WHIRLPOOL DISHWASHER: WDTA50SAHZ0

I have exhausted everything I can think of, what am I missing? About 2 weeks ago the dishwasher started leaking at the corner of the door.

1. I found a small break in the rubber gasket, so I replaced that...Still leaking...
  2. The Door seal on the bottom of the door seemed a little misshapen, I replaced that, Still Leaking...
  3. The latch seemed a little spongy in that it didn't feel that tight...Replaced that...Still leaking.
  4. I used a multimeter on the float switch and it appears to be working, plus when the dishwasher fills, I can hear it click and the water shuts off. Also, did this manually by engaging the switch by hand while it was being filled and the water stopped....No obstructions in the float....Still leaking.
  5. I removed both spray arms to make sure there were no obstructions that would affect water flow...No clogs....Still leaking...
  6. I checked the drain hose for obstructions from the bottom of the dishwasher all the way to the sink. There are no clogs in the main drain, I do not have a garbage disposal...Still Leaking.
  7. Checked to make sure the dishwasher is level front to back, side to side. It is level...Still leaking.
  8. We have not changed detergent have been using the same for 5 years...No excess suds...Still Leaking.
  9. Filter and screen are both clean, no blockages....Still leaking
The dishwasher doesn't leak on initial fill, it is usually near the end of the cycle when water is most prevalent. I get a few drops at the beginning, but by the end there is a lot more water. It is mostly coming from the right side but will drip from the left as well (right side will soak the floor if not contained).

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you noticing a lot of suds in the tub when it leaks?

If not, then its likely the lower spray arm is the culprit. Another member had this same issue and his uses the exact same lower spray arm your model uses.

Here's his thread:

Here's the lower spray arm for your model you can order:
W10837249 Arm-Spray

Keep us posted.

Jake

itsonlydoug

Premium Member
Thanks, after I posted my issue I saw a few posts like this. i ordered the spray arm. 🤞

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Doug, sounds good. Let us know how it goes.

Jake

itsonlydoug

Premium Member
Finally got the new lower spray arm in yesterday and the leak is GONE. Spray arm was the culprit. Glad I found this forum or I'd have dropped money on a new dishwasher.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Doug, glad to hear the new lower spray arm fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.