• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Help With Magic Chef Oven 6898vrv

fahmer

Premium Member
I'm having problems with my oven not reaching the right temperature. The highest it will go is around 200 degrees. Its consistantly off by over 200 degrees. I've replaced the thermostat and the oven sensor already with no apparent improvement. If I remember correctly, previously when you set the temperature it would lock in and you could not change it with the infinite switch without pushing the bake temp button again. Now it can be changed with the infinite switch up or down without pushing anything. Also, I recently replaced the push button membrane to get rid of an F1 error code so it's not a problem with the membrane - it's brand new. Does this sound like a problem with the relay board, the clock unit, or something else entirely? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

That model# you posted is just part of the complete model#, here is a link to help you post the complete model#:
http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/showthread.php?t=591

It does sound like the oven control board assembly thats giving you the trouble, but we would need the complete model# to look it up.

Jake

fahmer

Premium Member
Model Number: Magic Chef 6898VRV

This is the complete model number as found on the plate on the leg of the stove behind the oven drawer. Every other website has been able to identify my model based on that information. There is no other info next to it. Can I send you a pic of it?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, thanks, Yes, that was a good number, sorry about that, it looked shorter than most of the Magic Chefs I have seen recently.

Here is the control board for your model:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Electronic clock control[/FONT]​

Its pretty expensive, if your range is over 10 years old, it may be better to invest that money into a new range.

Jake