HIIP054C Bosch oven meat probe not recognized

Entangler

Premium Member
Model
HIIP054C
Brand
Bosch
The meat probe on my VERY expensive Bosch HIIP054C slide-in induction oven does not register when it's plugged in (usually...there's the odd time where it comes on after being plugged in and the oven has been cooking for a while).
I gather I'll need to test the connectivity of the female socket in the oven, but wonder whether the probe might have gone bad. (I have never put it in the dishwasher or under water).
Any advice on how to get started?

Last edited:

Entangler

Premium Member
No advice since posting on the larger issue of how to get started, so would appreciate knowing: How do I check the removable meat probe to know if it's still good?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your thread has 236 views, seems no one has a Bosch Range that can tell you out of 236 people?

I would be glad to help you if I knew, but unfortunately I don't. Now on a KitchenAid range I could tell you.

I have not been able to locate the tech data sheet or service manual on this Bosch model.

Jake

Entangler

Premium Member
Hi Jake
Yes I was a bit surprised that no one has volunteered anything in the few months that this post has been up. I doublechecked the Model Number, and it's correct but the complete number is HIIP054C/01. I don't think the suffix should make any difference, but you'd know better than I would, for sure.
It's a 30" slide-in induction range assembled in the US but I bought it in Canada.
A bit of a frustration. If anyone happens to find the service instructions or at least the pages related to servicing the meat probe receptacle at the top left front of the oven, I'd be totally happy!

Entangler

Premium Member
….sorry....an induction stove and cooktop, not "range".
In the meantime, I've tested the resistance change per temperature using a fluke meter and heated water. There's a nice curve response from 43 K-ohms at 84F to 4.3 K-ohms at 200F. So I'm guessing that the problem is in the stove, not the probe...so any advice on how to access the probe connector and wiring would be appreciated.

5mildtn

I have the same issue but a different model number. I think it is the female receptacle, mine was loose and worked right if you jiggled it just right but has finally stopped working. I pulled the oven out but it is not access able from outside.
I was going to try a probe. I have seen these same jack on all different kinds of aircraft and the result is the same jack turns and wire bust or come loose on the female jack. I have not figured out how to get it out yet. Stay tuned.

Entangler

Premium Member
I have the same issue but a different model number. I think it is the female receptacle, mine was loose and worked right if you jiggled it just right but has finally stopped working. I pulled the oven out but it is not access able from outside.
I was going to try a probe. I have seen these same jack on all different kinds of aircraft and the result is the same jack turns and wire bust or come loose on the female jack. I have not figured out how to get it out yet. Stay tuned.
Staying Tuned...Just wondered if anyone has access to repair manual or exploded view diagram.