• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)
  • Important Announcement

It's with sad news to announce that our site owner, Jake, has passed away. You can read the details here.

HMC80251UC/01 Bosch Microwave Display Is Out

mala

Premium Member
Model Number
HMC80251UC/01
Brand
Bosch
The display on my Bosch microwave went out. This is a known problem with Bosch microwaves so I purchased a new display (incl. mainboard, old one was rel 1, new one is rel 3)) from Bosch directly . I plugged that one in but the display is still out. Hence, I suspect it's not the display/mainboard. What else could cause that? There doesn't seem to be any fuse. The breaker in on.

I have the similar built in combo unit with a range and warming drawer.

Fuses and internal switches keep failing so display wont work. I had Bosch's repair tech out 3 times to repair but he can't determine why internal switches keep failing. My unit started failing 3 months after warranty. Bosch said they would pay for parts but not service. I send parts invoices to Bosch but never heard from them after 1 year.

After 3 service calls I'm into this unit over $800 in repairs but don't want to replace with another brand because it won't match.

BUT I found an fool proof way to fix my Bosch micro wave.

Turned off the power to the unit and took a metal saber saw and cut out all Bosch microwave internals.

Then bought a cheap $50 RCA unit from Walmart and put it inside the shell of my Bosch piece of crap microwave.

It's been over a year and the RCA unit has worked flawlessly and far out performed the Bosch junk.

Interesting approach. So do you open the door and then inside you have a smaller microwave including the buttons to control it? I guess that means much reduced volume and no oven anymore.

Are there actually fuses? I heard somebody saying the same but that is actually the first thing I looked on the wiring diagram. I guess I have to take it completely out and check the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Support Our Site

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation, please consider making a donation.

Back