• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Hotpoint Dishwasher HDA3640R20SA - White ball and a metal washer

Joebove

Premium Member
Model Number
HDA3640R20SA
Brand
Hotpoint
I cleaned out drain sump and found a white ball and a metal washer and I don't know where they are supposed to go back.
The white ball I understand goes in the round sump tube. But where does the metal washer ring go?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry for the delay, its been very busy.

From the parts diagram link I posted above it should go between the spray arm base #451 and the filter #507. It looks like it goes at the bottom of your spray arm nozzle support #501.

Jeff has a page here: Replacing GE Spray Arm that shows you how to remove the spray arm assembly.

Jake

Joebove

Premium Member
Yes the metal washer was part # 453. And it went at the bottom of your spray arm nozzle support #501 as you advised.
Thank you for your help and everything is working fine again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job.:)

Jake

Saurian

What the hell is it for though? I had the same issue. I cleaned mine. The ball I know goes back and it helps draining I think because I only found this out after running a cycle and it wouldn't drain trying to flush everything after cleaning. Put it back and it did drain. However, when I drained water out of the wet and dry at the bottom was a little washer. Is this piece needed? I only ask because everything is back together now and it seems like it is working.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The WD12X10408 Filter Ball blocks the top fine filter during the drain cycle only.

When you click the part link to it there is a video that explains and shows you.

However, when I drained water out of the wet and dry at the bottom was a little washer. Is this piece needed?
Like I mentioned above: I don't see a metal washer ring, unless it's #453 in the parts list, which Joe confirmed. I assume it's needed, unless yours is working fine without it.

Jake