• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Hotpoint oven door won't stay open

TarotDream

Premium Member
Model Number
RGB529GEP2
Brand
Hotpoint
When I use the oven on my Hotpoint range, the door won't stay all the way open. After a few nice burns, I've decided repair it might be a better choice.

The door opens and stays at the broiler position.
At the full open position it will not hold open.

I looked at the hinges and they appear fine to me.

But they are not.

Please help me or I'll be forced to turn to the X-Files.

Dana

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

rickgburton

Staff member
No problem. Did this problem just start? Usually it's just the opposite. When the hinge and springs wear out the door won't stay closed. If you pull the broiler drawer out you'll be able to see the door springs. The top of the spring connects to the door hinge and the bottom of the spring connects to a bracket with with a series of holes in it and a hook on the end. The hook connects to the range frame. If you unhook it you can change the hole the spring is in to loosen it. I'll make you a diagram. If the door was staying open OK and now it's not, the problem may not be the springs.
Hinge & Spring.jpg

Door Hinge WB10K12 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Door-Hinge-WB10K12-00622420.jpg

Door Spring WB9K4 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Door-Spring-WB9K4--00934621.jpg

Mounting Bracket WB2K11 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
Mounting-Bracket-WB2K11--01447629.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kntZPH6lZh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TarotDream

Premium Member
Follow your directions until the door was so loose it would barely close. Even then the door would not hold open. Suggestion?

rickgburton

Staff member
rickgburton said:
Did this problem just start?
Going to need more details. Take some pictures with the door on and off so I can see the hinges and post here.