How do I re-attach door that fell off Amana Gas Range AGG222VDW0 ? Hinges wont catch

1headtroll

Premium Member
Model Number
AGG222VDW0
Brand
Amana
The door has come off of the Amana Free standing gas range . The hinges are not broken, the door just came off, one side at a time.
The hinges appear to be attached to the door , not the frame. The directions are fuzzy, the directions are written for when the hinges are still attached to the stove, but they are not.. They are attached to the door. On the stove , there is a hole that the hinges came out of, and when we put the hinge end back in there, it will not catch on anything.

My oven door has come completely off . How do I fix this?

1headtroll

Premium Member
nope- see that pic illustration 1 on page 10.. well the hinges are attached to the door. not stove

Hello and thank you, but... do you see that picture/ illustration #1 on page 10,... where the hinges are attached to the stove... well... these hinges are attached to the door, and there is an empty slot/hole where the hinges would go into the stove frame.

I think when they made this thing in Mexico, they failed to put hinge pins in, and the stove mounted side of this hinge (which appears to detach into 2 pieces) has snapped back inside of the stove... and I cant get it to latch back on.

Do you have any advise about taking the sides of this stove off, will I be able to get to the other half of these hinges which have snapped back up / hidding inside frame?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
do you see that picture/ illustration #1 on page 10,... where the hinges are attached to the stove...
They are attached to the door....bottom pic of the 4. Top pic shows the door still attached to the range.

side panals
Shows a couple of screws at the back...
W1109020-00004.jpg

jeff.