• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

How to access fuses, built-in Jenn-Air microwave

bethgrim

Premium Member
Model Number
JMC7000
Brand
Jenn-Air
My Jenn-Air microwave died. No power to anything on the microwave, but the combo built-in oven works perfectly. I've seen other threads referring to testing various fuses but the instructions have been for over the range or counter top type appliances. How do I get to the fuses to test them on a built-in microwave?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

bethgrim

Premium Member
JMC7000ADW

What's "it" that I'm pulling out? Microwave? Microwave and oven? How do I remove from the wall?

jeff1

Staff member
What's "it" that I'm pulling out? Microwave?
Correct, the microwave, that is the only way to remove the outer cabinet/shell.

How do I remove from the wall?
Sorry, cannot see the install...may be some trim or such around the edges, might have screws. Your use and care manual or installation manual may have some info on this.

jeff.

bethgrim

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. I have the trim off but the microwave is attached (with inaccessible screws, as far as I can see) to metal framework also attached to the oven. I think the oven and microwave would both need to come out of the wall to get to the microwave. I don't think that's a one person job. There's nothing useful in the care manual and I don't have an install manual.

jeff1

Staff member
The microwave ( yours is incomplete ) has a seperate model# to the oven which would make it a seperate unit.

jeff.

bethgrim

Premium Member
Not understanding your point. Even if the 2 have separate model numbers, they're still attached to each other.

jeff1

Staff member
2 model#'s generally means 2 seperate units....and the microwave model# doesn't show any oven parts, just the microwave.

jeff.

bethgrim

Premium Member
They're still physically attached to each other. Unless I'm missing something, both need to be removed from the wall for me to access anything on the microwave.

bethgrim

Premium Member
Longer model number was in my first reply above, JMC7000ADW. Is that still not enough? It's all I can find.

Not comfortable removing the oven from the wall, potentially screwing something up on it for the sake of the microwave. I think I'll just buy a new counter top microwave.

jeff1

Staff member
All I could see if the partial one in the original posting.
Any model# on the oven(s)?
Manual doesn't indicate attached to the oven either.

jeff.

Attachments