How to check the belt switch

Mom4boyz

Hi,

Did you check the door switch?

Unplug or turn the breaker off to your dryer first!

You'll need to check the door switch with a multimeter. It should just pop out. Mark the three wires so you can get them back in the right spot. The terminals are marked on the switch, COM = COMmon, NO= Normally Open, NC= Normally Closed. Set your meter to check continuity and put your meter probes on COM and NO. Your meter should show 1 or OL(OPEN LEAD). Push the switch and your meter should read 0 or closed(GOOD CONTINUITY).

Here's the door switch for your model you can order if needed:
WE4M415 Door Switch

Let us know what you find.

If the door switch tests good, then the only part left that would be bad is the control board.

Here's the control board for your model you can order:
WE04M10004 Board Asm. Mounted

Jake
Have a problem with my GE dryer. When I turn it on, the control panel lights up as it should but when I press the start button the sensing light just blinks.

- The belt/tension rod are fine.
- I've checked continuity on everything I could and things seem to be OK. I replaced the thermostat inlet bc it was showing no continuity, but the new one doesn't either.

I had a repair guy come out who looked at it for less than a minute (didn't even open it up) and said its probably the control board.

My questions are:

- How can I check to see if the control board is bad...if I am even able to?
- Should I get a second opinion? This guy didn't charge me anything, but he was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Thanks!
how do I check the belt on my dryer- I have the exact same problem- sensing light blinks and the dryer light is on

Mom4boyz

When I push the start button the dry light comes on and the sensor light blinks. So it looks like the dryer is drying but nothing happens. No noise at all.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

We need the model number of your dryer first.

The model number tag is located inside the door.

Jake