• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

How to light pilot light?

deckeda

Premium Member
Model Number
DG512 Ser. 01
Brand
Maytag
My folks have a Maytag DG512 Series 01 gas dryer. Serial # 728884 NX.

When they moved 12 or so years ago it was converted to propane. It uses a Maytag 3-06176 propane conversion kit.

My dad seems to remember sometimes having to light the pilot light years ago, prior to the conversion, but doesn't remember what he had to do to make that happen. But ever since the move, and subsequent conversion to propane, has never had to mess with the dryer.

We can't figure out how to light the pilot light; it seems to be out now. Found a picture of a metal label from some model online somewhere that mentioned turning the gas off, waiting, turning it back on, holding down a lever and lighting while continuing to hold down the lever for like 45 seconds. But we don't recognize any such lever or see where to put the match ...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

deckeda

Premium Member
Thanks. We haven't done anything to it since yesterday but Dad says today "it's working now," heat comes on with good flame, so he's going to see if it'll actually dry a load of clothes.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

mmshepherd

Premium Member
We have a Maytag DG512 that is not heating. I think the pilot light is in the front (took off small cover in righthand corner) but can't figure out where to light the pilot. Help!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member