How to lube bearings in non-lube type motors without oil ports???

cwatkin

Premium Member
Model Number
FAS257S2A
Brand
Frigidaire
My two 25,000 btu AC units do not appear to have oil ports on their fan motors. I went through issues with both within the recent past related to run capacitor failures. Both caps failed within a month or so of each other leaving a humming compressor that tripped the overload. Basically I was told by everyone around here that you got more than the normal life expectancy and that you should be happy. I took the risk and replaced the inexpensive run caps and brought them back to life. Anyway, I don't know if I am now paranoid about them but the motors seem to be making a whine like a bearing is dry. They are the type without oil ports and appear to not be made to be lubricated.

Is there a way to oil these? Should I even attempt to do preventative maintenance on these motors or just run them to failure and be glad that a $15 capacitor brought me any extra life from them? It looks like lubricating them would involve a complicated teardown of the entire unit and motor. Is it worth it or even possible at this point?

Thanks,

Conor