How to open top of Neptune MAH5500AWW

J Godfrey

Premium Member
I need to open the top of this (5 year old) front loading Neptune in order to replace the water intake valve. Where are the clips located and anything else I need to loosen to open this top? Thanks in advance.

J Godfrey

J Godfrey

Premium Member
OK I replaced the water inlet valve but still problems

Hi Jeff,

I replaced the water inlet valve but the washer will still not fill with cold water and stops the hot/cold cycle at the rinse phase. The screens are clean and the water flows from the faucet hose fine. What else could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

J Godfrey

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

J Godfrey

Premium Member
How do I tell which part is bad?

Hi Jeff,

I appreciate all your help, but I have already spent $90 on a water intake valve that wasn't the problem. How do I tell which part is bad, the control board is $191..... ouch.....
TIA for your help

J Godfrey

jeff1

Staff member
How do I tell which part is bad
Testing, testing, testing and more testing ;)

Temp switch, wires and timer can be ohmed for continuity as per the wire diagram that comes with the unit. I'll often use a cheater/tester cord directly on the fill valve to check it ( since yours is a new part it should be fine ). Power into the board but no power out of the board to the cold part of fill would and everything else checks ok usually = bad board.

but I have already spent $90 on a water intake valve that wasn't the problem
Repair Clinic has a very liberal return policy!

jeff.

J Godfrey

Premium Member
Is there a fuse in this model?

Hi,

I will have to read up on how to test using meter. BTW, is there a fuse in this model? We recently had hurricane Wilma blow through here and some of our other appliances got zapped when the power came back on. If there is a fuse, where is it, and what does it look like? TIA

J Godfrey

jeff1

Staff member
is there a fuse in this model?
No and yes....no "regular" fuse in the washer...for the fills or otherwise...there is a fuse built into the motor control board and this will blow if something in the motor or motor control board ( bottom right of the washer ) shorts out.

jeff.

J Godfrey

Premium Member
Can the fuse be replaced without purchasing the board?

Hi,

Can the fuse be purchased and replaced separately from the control board? If so, what part number?

TIA

J Godfrey

jeff1

Staff member
Can the fuse be purchased and replaced separately from the control board?
Nope....this is not on the machine control board...but on the motor control board only.

jeff.