• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED How to remove crisper shelf (so I can remove interior back panel)? RF23HCEDBSR/AA

wooderson

Premium Member
Model Number
RF23HCEDBSR/A
Brand
Samsung
Hi, I'm trying to remove the back panel in my RF23HCEDBSR/AA so that I can do the drain heater hack in this thread with a piece of copper wire (we have had water pooling in the bottom of the refrigerator for about a month). This refrigerator is four years old.

To get that back panel off, I think I need to get to two screws on the bottom of the panel, but I cannot seem to get the crisper shelf out. It's not coming loose at the center spine where the water filter goes. Any tricks to getting this out? Also, am I going about this correctly in the first place?

Also, we've been getting a loud buzzing noise from this refrigerator recently. I'm 99% sure it's the fan, because it stops when you open the door, and you can hear the fan (and buzzing noise) spin down. When I run a forced defrost cycle, it takes care of that buzzing noise for a half day, but then it comes back. Could a frozen drain result in this problem reoccurring so quickly, or do I have another problem on my hands?

See photos for details.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the parts diagram for your model:

Watch this video:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

wooderson

Premium Member
Thank you Jake, I was able to get that shelf removed. The drip tray was full of standing water, and this was 48 hours after turning the unit off, so it wasn't due to a frozen line.

I opened the rear access panel, and removed the 5" section of drain line hose off of it's mount, and all of the water came rushing out. In hindsight, I should have started there. My problem was caused by a clog at the end of the line. There's a pinched piece of hose that I think is intended to prevent air from entering the line, and the water is supposed to drip out of that pinched piece. Mine was clogged with tiny pieces of debris. I think it was the black stuff (insulation?), that is found behind the upper right side of the evaporator. It must have flaked off and run down.

Again, thanks for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it could of been the insulation flaked off, glad that was all it was.

Thanks for the update!

Jake