• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

How to remove front control panel from GE Monogram wall oven? (ZET1RM4SS)

eelpout

Premium Member
Model Number
ZET1RM4SS
Brand
GE
we have an approximately 10-year-old Monogram oven (ZET1RM4SS) where the key panel has gone completely dead. the display itself does show the time and the oven will beep every 30 seconds or so. Because that's so annoying, we've turned it off at the breaker. :)

I've seen a couple of YouTube videos of other GE's (Profile etc.) where the control panel has been removed by removing a few screws under the panel and then lifting it up where it will just come off. Well, I can do that with mine, screws off, lift the panel up about an inch, but that's where my process comes to a halt; I can't get the panel off its clips. I figure there must be some trick to it but can't figure it out. Any suggestions?

BTW, we did have a service technician come out last week to look at it, but he refused to even pull the panel frame off and just declared it dead. He did confirm what I feared that due to the age of this unit, the LCD panel/key assembly is no longer available. I think it's WB27T11496

I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't simply a loose/bad connector or something that a cleaning would fix (did see a spider crawling around under the LCD glass in the past year or so ;)) before going to look for a new oven.

eelpout

Premium Member
ah figured it out, just required a lot of wiggling to get it off the plastic. :)

unfortunately, went through all the connections, cleaned and reseated them and no help, still doesn't work. off to the appliance store. :(

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

eelpout

Premium Member
well, we made it to almost 10 years with this GE, so I guess for these electronics-laden ovens that isn't bad. I think what did us in is there was too long a period to replace the cooling fan for the control board/display/keypad which went out about 18 months ago. So the board was overheating for a long time, unbeknownst to us. They really should have an indicator for the "average consumer" when this happens.

does anyone have a grasp on how long parts are typically available for the average oven, around a dozen or so years?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The average life of most all appliances now is only between 8-12 years.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.