FIXED HTR17BBSELCC Hotpoint Fridge with no front bottom grille

amcguire01

Model Number
HTR17BBSELCC
Brand
Hotpoint
My unit it cools and freezes just fine, but when the compressor comes on, the normal buzz is getting even louder. I would like to clean the coils, but my fridge doesn't have a way to access them. The rear is a just a single metal plate top to bottom with no screws to access. So, I'm assuming the coils are at the bottom? The front doesn't have a grille or panel either.
I would never tilt the unit on my own of course, but I'm lost as to how start to diagnosing my buzzing issue?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

amcguire01

Update!
Pulled the unit all the way out from wall, and found the panel. The compressor was fine so I used compressed air to get the dust out.. Then I completed the coil cleaning. Took 20 minutes tops.

My Hotpoint has the coils on the bottom, so I had to tilt it sideways and lean it against the wall (with chocks for safety) about 6 inches off the floor, and use a mirror to see in the far corners. I cannot believe the the dust build up. The appliance brush was perfect.
The buzzing and whooshing sound is all but gone, and it's not coming on as often.
I really appreciate this forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: