• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Huebsch Washer TR5104WN making a noise on agitation

Chris102602

Premium Member
Model Number
TR5104WN
Brand
Speed Queen
Huebsch 6 cycle 3.2 CUFT,820 RPM Commercial
i bought machine March 1 because i thought a commercial washer would last longer. i live in canada and paid 1800.00. it started making a noise 2 weeks ago on agitation (like a ping pong game being played) Repair man told me today he is replacing gear box. Already? I was told this machine is made by Speed Queen and was an awesome machine. It’s brand new and has not been abused. Is this normal? Anyone ever hear of this? This machine has only been in use for weeks.

WyJeff

Premium Member
Hi Chris,

I would say it's not normal, but it seems you can't fully trust any product nowadays, though I would rather take a gamble on Speed Queen/Huebsch than any other washer I'm aware of.

The only good thing I can think of is that it sounds like you actually have someone available to do warranty repair in hopefully a timely manner, and I assume you're still able to use it despite the noise in the mean time.

It could be helpful to others if you could record and post the noise, so others will know if they experience the same problem, and may help others diagnose the problem. And please let us know what what the final fix is and if it's effective.

I'm not sure what the repairman is referring to as a gear box, as I understand it the TR series is directly driven by the motor and lacks a transmission.

Chris102602

Premium Member
i do have a video. i was going to send to repair shop to see if service call warranted but they said any new noise warrants a service call. i will attempt to attach.
gear box is what he said. he said noise does not happen on spin, only during agitation although it makes the noise when switching water levels and also when machine is finished washing and gives its final beep. i mentioned that but …. i am not confident it is gear box but i’m a girl. 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_2816.MOV
    22.1 MB

Chris102602

Premium Member
i have another video as well. my cat drops a toy in this one posted. that is NOT the machine. i thought i accidentally added all the photos in my phone. i have to shorten the other video. it is too large.

Chris102602

Premium Member
i have another video as well. my cat drops a toy in this one posted. that is NOT the machine. i thought i accidentally added all the photos in my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_3005.MOV
    37.3 MB

WyJeff

Premium Member
i do have a video. i was going to send to repair shop to see if service call warranted but they said any new noise warrants a service call. i will attempt to attach.
gear box is what he said. he said noise does not happen on spin, only during agitation although it makes the noise when switching water levels and also when machine is finished washing and gives its final beep. i mentioned that but …. i am not confident it is gear box but i’m a girl. 🤣

Thanks for the videos.

It does sound that it makes the noise every time the tub changes direction (in the TR series the whole tub turns, and not just the agitator). I would guess something is loose in the drive system, could be as simple as tightening down a motor mount or something. But then could be something to do with the suspension, I assume the machine is fairly level. For it to make that noise when changing water levels, I assume the tub must be turning as part of its auto-sensing, and that when you make changes it stops temporarily, otherwise I don't see what changing water levels has to do with the drive system, but that should be an important clue.

I still wouldn't suspect the gear box, assuming it even has one. But then, while I'm not a girl, I'm also not a professional, but hopefully the repairman is. :D Maybe someone who is more professional could weigh in, but the TR series with its strange wash action is relatively new, Alliance products (Speed Queen/Huebsch) aren't as common and supposedly have relatively few problems, so I doubt many here have much or any experience with them.

Hope the repairman gets it settled quickly with no further problems. Please keep us updated. Thanks!