• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

HVM1750DP2BB GE Over the range microwave overheating

westhurmond

Premium Member
Model Number
HVM1750DP2BB
Brand
GE
I have an HVM1750 manufactured 2013. Everything appears to be working normally except that I am suspect that it is heating incorrectly. My wife noticed the other day that when cooking some sweet potatoes there was water coming down the wall behind the microwave and the potatoes were shriveled. Today I noticed that it made oatmeal very quickly. I am not sure how you diagnose a microwave might be over heating when cooking. How would I troubleshoot such an issue? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

HVM1750 is just a partial model number, we would need the complete model number to assist you.

Read it from the model number tag on the machine, or even better post a photo of it.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

I'll see if Rick may know why it seems to be overheating.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Rick!

Jake