• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

I have a GE Dishwasher GDF630PMM0ES that is not working, no lights on the UI(user interface)

tchm

Model Number
GDF630PMM0ES
Brand
GE
Has blinking light but cannot go into self diagnostic mode. Repairman said flashing light means the control board and the UI are bad. He said he works on this model all the time and it is not good quality. This unit is not even 3 years old and is in the GE slate with matching suite package. Spent nearly $5K for all 4 pcs. and don't want to throw good money into it if not repairable. Was quoted $520 to replace both. If it is just the UI, I can pick up and replace inexpensively. Anyone know how to determine if control board needs to be replaced? GE manual states that flashing light means control board is getting power. No lights on the UI.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, look here:

Yes, on your model you have the newer square machine control board that blinks with no pattern to it, when it blinks like that it means the machine control board is working properly and suppling DC Voltage to the UI Board.

So the problem on yours is the UI Board. Some UI Boards come with instructions to set the personality jumpers, but I don't know if this board has jumpers you set first before you install it, if it does it will come with instructions to do it.:)

Here's the UI Board for your model:

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csheGsbSmPFRON5ThkhhwfvZ6saWoxHc/view?usp=sharing

Pages 27 through 32 tells you how to remove the door, separate the door and replace the the UI Board.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.