I need help to fix Samsung Fridge RS26TDAPN Frost Buildup.

krayzon

Model Number
RS26TDAPN
Brand
Samsung
Hello all,

Every two weeks I have to defrost my fridge:

Please open here the IMGUR link to see more images to kind of see what the frost inside looks like. In this case the fan was not clogged and I deattached the back panel in my fridge because the air circulation was not right. But in this case I saw a loooot of ice in there.

This was two weeks before, now two weeks after defrosting please hear the noise I'm experiencing at my kitchen:

Can you help me identify where's the problem and/or which parts should I be ordering?
The most recent things I have done in my fridge are cleaning the coils (they had tons of dust) and also making small cuts in the two tubes that are located in the coils area so that the water has better flow in the evaporator tray.
So far, I don't see any improvement other than I'm gettin annoyed of doing deattaching the back panel all the time.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Model number RS26TDAPN doesn't pull up as good, please recheck it.

Is the fan motor in photo running and making that sound?

Jake

krayzon

Hello Jake,

The video and the pictures doesn't match, they're from different dates
The pictures are from 3-2 weeks ago, when I deattached the back panel to defrost it because the air circulation was not okay. I was surprised that the fan was running fine (not blocked by ice) but there was ice buildup as you can see.
That video is from 1-2 days ago. I haven't deattached the fridge back panel.
Generally when the fan motor makes that sound is because there's ice buildup near the fan.

What should I recheck in my model number? The model number is okay, apprently it's a mexican fridge.

Regards,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If we can't look up the model number and we can't get any tech data information on it to help you.

Some of the USA Samsung models were having the same problem, look here:

Jake

krayzon

If we can't look up the model number and we can't get any tech data information on it to help you.
I couldn't get what you were saying in this line. You can look up the model number at the samsung website. What are you trying to say?

krayzon

One unusual thing that I see recently is that there's some ice building outside of white panel, more than usual. Usually you would only see ice building in the area where you unscrew the screws.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If we can't look up the model number THEN we can't get any tech data information on it to help you.

Sorry Typo.

Jake

krayzon

Where do you look up the model number?
What are you trying to say?

In that case, should I be better paying a technician rather than trying to change any sensor or parts on my own? I do have very little to none using a multimeter.

Regards,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Where do you look up the model number?
Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

In that case, should I be better paying a technician rather than trying to change any sensor or parts on my own?
Yes.

Jake