• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Ice Dispenser Motor Freezing...

02ranger

Premium Member
Model Number
WSF26C2EXW01
Brand
Whirlpool
Hey all. First time posting here, and I hope you guys can help. The ice dispenser motor (part 10 on the diagram) on my freezer is somehow getting liquid inside of it and this liquid is in turn freezing, preventing the motor from turning and dispensing ice. I can remove the motor and give it time to thaw and water will slowly start dripping out from the hole where the power plugs into the motor and the motor works perfectly fine, until it freezes again. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to take the motor apart to clean out all the moisture and it's not dripping out of the few holes in the case fast enough to be a viable option.

Does anybody have any ideas on how I could take this motor apart to get the moisture out or if there's another way to get all the water out? I tried leaving it in a bag of rice for a week on the first motor and it didn't work at all. I really don't want to replace this motor again if I can help it.

Also, any ideas why this keeps happening? My first thought was the door wasn't sealing well and the ice melting into the motor, but I've never seen or heard a door ajar alarm and see no other evidence of thaw...

W1108021-00005.jpg

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Another member had this same issue with water getting into the auger motor/auger motor housing.

Rick helped him here: Ice Dispenser Not Dispensing

Rick mentioned a drain hole and there is a diagram he posted in post #10 showing where the drain hole is at.

There's no way to take the auger motor apart that I'm aware of.

Jake