Ice maker not harvesting

evilelf

Premium Member
Model Number
KSRA25ILSS03
Brand
KitchenAid
I have taken the ice maker out and cleaned it up. I used a wire to trigger a harvest cycle by shorting the H and T holes. Upon turning on the unit, one harvest cycle would be performed and the tray fills with water. Nothing happens after that. Red blinking LED and solid when the flapper is shut. I did notice a couple of times that the red LED would not light up at all but I think that might have to do with unplugging the unit and maybe an initialization process or somethings. When the flapper is shut and the light switch is pressed to simulate the door being closed, the RED led lights up solid.

The fingers are pointing slightly up towards me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

evilelf

Premium Member
Thanks for the confirmation. Any idea what causes this? If it was something that jammed and that in-turn caused motor damage, I would like to avoid it in the future.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just age and normal wear, most ice makers don't even make it to 10 years.

Yes, we could pinpoint which part in the ice maker went out with multimeter testing, but buying individual parts inside the ice maker is not cheap, the ice maker motor is just a few dollars less then a new complete ice maker.

Jake

evilelf

Premium Member
Thank you so much for the help. Internet sites like this are a true god send for DIY capable people. I am an Amazon Prime member, but I still purchased the ice maker from Appliance Parts to support the cause.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks, glad to help!

I am an Amazon Prime member, but I still purchased the ice maker from Appliance Parts to support the cause.
You just made my day! I wish more people were just like you.:)

I too am a Amazon Prime member, but as I mention to others, Its always best to buy appliance parts through one of our two suppliers AppliancePartsPros or RepairClinic, so you know your getting an official OEM part and it comes with a 365 day full money back warranty.

Jake