• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Ice Maker Problems KSCS25INSS00

MaureenO

Premium Member
My ice maker is very flakey - it makes ice just fine for a while and then starts to slow down and only make ice randomly produces ice. The ice tray is full of water and it is solid. It decided to quit once so I put a new water filer in. Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

First thing to check for is a clogged/lint/pet hair full in the condenser which is located on the bottom of your refrigerator behind the front bottom kickplate grill. Just open both refrigerator and freezer doors, then pull that kickplate grill off, PULL HARD it just unsnaps.

Then get a vacuum cleaner to clean your condenser. A clogged condenser causes fluctuations in the freezer temp. thus affecting ice maker production.

Let us know what you find. If after doing that, your still having the same problem its likely the ice maker is malfunctioning and you'll need a new one.

Complete icemaker assembly (8 cube) - This icemaker is for 25-27 cubic feet models that have vertical auger dispenser installed in the freezer door. 8 cube icemaker.
Complete icemaker assembly

Manufacturer's Part#: 2198597

Jake

MaureenO

Premium Member
No difference

I did as you suggested and it didn't make any difference and currently the ice maker isn't producing any ice but the ice tray has cubes ready to dump in it..

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then changing your ice maker should fix it.

If you order the ice maker from the link I posted to it above, you can shop with confidence as all parts ordered from our site come with a 30 day full refund even if it was installed and didn't fix it.

If you need help changing it just let me know.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, so the led light isn't Steady ON when your beam isn't blocked?

Jake