Ice maker recommendation

rocks911

Premium Member
I just purchased a new Samsung french door refrig and while I mostly like it the ice maker is pathetic.
Can somebody recommend a good standalone ice maker? I figure I'll alter one of my cabinets and install one. We do a lot of entertaining and we really need one.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

rocks911

Premium Member
Thanks for the replies.
I looked at the Manitowocs and they seem pretty reliable but was wondering about the need for a drain line. The SN-12 and SN-20 would seem to work for me and I could place it right next to the fridge which would be ideal but I dont have a drain near. I'm thinking I can branch the water line from the wall that goes to my refrigerator and run it also to the ice maker but there is no drain near.
I looked at Manitowocs web site and it wasnt clear if a drain was needed for the table top variety.
Is there a reliable table top ice maker that does not require a drain line?

Tablerocked

Premium Member
I just purchased a new Samsung french door refrig and while I mostly like it the ice maker is pathetic.
Can somebody recommend a good standalone ice maker? I figure I'll alter one of my cabinets and install one. We do a lot of entertaining and we really need one.

Any thoughts would be appreciated
Had a Marvel 30IM clear ice machine for 13 years until it finally died. Replaced it with a nugget machine. Wife wanted "sonic ice". Read a ton of horror stories about prosumer grade nugget ice machines failing at the 3 year mark or earlier, so, took the advice of a few service technicians and went with a Manitowoc UNF0200A. I run a whole house commercial softener and a 6 stage reverse osmosis system to feed the ice maker. It arrives this week, I'll let you know how my wife and kiddos like it.