Ice maker/water dispenser not working, Kenmore 795.77563600

BlueOvalRacing

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a 2005 model year Kenmore model 795.77563600 that does not dispense water or ice.
I replaced the ice maker assembly thinking it would be the problem (and the ice maker would also overfill the bucket weekly), but still no ice or water.
The LED for the ice cube size does not light up, so I am thinking that it may not be getting power from another section of the fridge? There are no fault codes on the front panel, and the 3 door switches all seem to be working correctly.
Has anyone had the same problem or have a good troubleshooting background to help me figure this out?
Thanks, Paul

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The part you need is the display power board. Unfortunately it's been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available. I think this is one of the parts mentioned in the class action lawsuit against LG several years ago.

6871JB1451A Power Control Board Assembly
lg-power-control-board-6871jb1451a-ap4652233_01_m.jpg

BlueOvalRacing

Premium Member
The display works fine, does it power the ice maker? When I said the LED does not light up, I meant on the ice maker itself, not the display.

rickgburton

Staff member

BlueOvalRacing

Premium Member
It doesn't make or dispense ice and does not dispense water. The auger does not turn, and the LED's on the ice maker (the one that changes when you push the button to change ice cube size, on the ice maker itself, not outside on the door) do not come on.

BlueOvalRacing

Premium Member
Installed the board, still have no water, ice, auger or the LED on the cube size inside the door.
I'd rather not keep throwing parts at this thing, can anyone help to diagnose it?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick should be here soon, but here's the service manual for your model that should help you: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzvgAyLTSh14OGVSdDhlQUNvZ1U

Lots of members have reported broken wires on this model, and if there is a wire break in the door your unfortunately SOL, as LG the makers of this Kenmore 795 doesn't make the entire door anymore that you'd need to get the new wire harness that's in the door.

So, I'd first check your wire harness that GOES INTO THE DOOR to see if you get lucky and find a frayed or broken wires there before it goes into the door.

Jake

rickgburton

Staff member
That board supplies the voltage to all the parts not working. The main board sends supply voltage to the dispenser board check for 120 VAC at the new board.