• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Ice not harvesting on Whirlpool GZ25FSRXYY5

Cordovan66

Premium Member
Model Number
GZ25FSRXYY5
Brand
Whirlpool
A few months ago my ice maker stopped working. I see ice sitting in the ice maker but it doesn't get pushed out to the ice bin. Once in a while I do see a few ice cubes in the ice bin, so apparently its an intermittent fault.
A few days ago I pulled the ice maker out and let it thaw out overnight and put it back. It made no difference. I see ice in the ice maker but it doesn't get pushed out.
I came across Rick's post on a similar problem: https://www.applianceblog.com/mainf...rig-model-gz25fsrxyy5-icemaker-problem.42467/
and would like to put it in service diagnostics mode. Where do I find the bank of switches SW1 to SW6 to do so?
I also read that tests can be run on the ice maker by shorting various pins on it. Could someone tell me how this is done?
Thank you very much!

Attachments

• IMG_8870.jpg
    IMG_8870.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_8871.jpg
    IMG_8871.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_8844.jpg
    IMG_8844.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 130

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Rick made a really good diagram of where those SW switch locations are on your front display dispenser, be I can't locate it, I will ask him if he can locate it. Wait I just found it.

Dispenser Display.jpg

I also read that tests can be run on the ice maker by shorting various pins on it. Could someone tell me how this is done?
Your tech. data sheet should be located underneath the upper right side door hinge cover, it will tell you.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
Ice Maker Assembly W10882923

Let us know what you find.

Jake