Identifying an old Hotpoint Oven (so I can fix the timer and clock)

wcs2

Premium Member
Hi!
I'm new here and have an old Hotpoint wall oven that works (and looks) great, aside from the clock/timer. I'm trying to track down a manual for it, but that is proving difficult. It says it's Cat. No. 10RJ10 with Serial No. 9892025, but I can't find anything on that at all. My guess from what research I've been able to do is that it was made around 1957.
I'd love to get the clock working, but the schematic that doesn't really help me with this. I'd likely need a service manual to do it right. Can anyone here tell me more or point me in the right direction?
Here are some pictures in case it helps.
Thanks!
20190207_185852~2.jpg20190207_185844.jpg20190207_163452.jpg

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Timer repair co.

I'd love to get the clock working, but the schematic that doesn't really help me with this. I'd likely need a service manual to do it right.
A service manual will not tell you how to repair the clock. At most it might describe how to remove it but It is extremely unlikely you will find a service manual for it so I think you should just get on your way trying to service it yourself.

BTW There are companies that specialize in repairing older mechanical clocks and timers. If you remove it you can sent it out for repair.

LINK > GEneral TIME RepairS

Dan O.

wcs2

Premium Member
Thanks for the link. I'd still like to get a hold of the user's manual and service manual. Any ideas where I can look?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
wcs2 said:
I'd still like to get a hold of the user's manual and service manual. Any ideas where I can look?
Other than eBay, I'm afraid not.

Good luck!

wcs2

Premium Member
Oh wow, that's a surprise. At least GE just confirmed the date of manufacture for me, so I can lead a more targeted hunt.