• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

IF50CM23NW Idylis chest freezer stopped working

Ewells

Premium Member
Model Number
IF50CM23NW
I have an idylis chest freezer which just randomly stopped working. When I plug it in nothing happens what so ever. I’ve read several articles, but I’m lost as to what it may be. I’ve checked the outlet and it works fine. Any ideas?

thanks l!

Attachments

• 2A92A6CB-6B6F-4180-B011-6112B0FD4AD0.jpeg
    2A92A6CB-6B6F-4180-B011-6112B0FD4AD0.jpeg
    248.8 KB · Views: 30

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
If it is plugged in and there power at the outlet, someone will need to determine if power (120v) is getting to the compressor or not.

Dan O.

Ewells

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply! It’s plugged in and the outlet has power. I have tested that. How would you determine if power is getting to the compressor?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
There are 2-wires that go to the compressor. Power would have to be tested where they connect to the compressor's relay and overload. A volt meter or test light would be required.

If you're unfamiliar with safety precautions you probably shouldn't work on a 'live' appliance as it can be dangerous.

Dan O.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
One thing you can try is tapping (not turning) the thermostat control knob with a finger. It may be that the thermostat has 'sticking' contacts. If it starting running after that, than the thermostat might have to be replaced.

If it did start running after tapping it, that should at least rule out a compressor failure which is a much more serious problem.

Dan O.