FIXED IGD4300SQ0 Inglis Power outage dryer not working

Jamie119

Premium Member
Model Number
IGD4300SQ0
Brand
Whirlpool
So my dryer was on when the power went out. Now it will turn on but it doesn't actually dry the clothes. Can anybody offer any suggestions so I dont have to pay a repair man..again..ughhhh

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jamie,

We need the dryer brand and model number first. The model number tag should be inside the door.

If its a 240 volt dryer, check the dual breaker in your home breaker box, if one is tripped and the other is not, it will cause the dryer to run, but not heat. What I do on my service calls is reset both breakers turning them completely OFF, then turn them back ON again and bingo its back to normal!

Jake

Jamie119

Premium Member
It's an Inglis brand with model number IGD4300SQ0. When it turns on you can see an orange light come on. Sometimes it lights and you see the flame but then it goes out. Sometimes no flame but the light comes on then off

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

Its a gas dryer, so its only 120 volts, just has a single breaker, so the breaker is fine.

So this problem just started out of the blue after the power outage?

Its either your flame sensor or your gas coils.

I'd ohm test the flame sensor first. Make sure your dryer is unplugged before accessing and ohm testing it.

Here's the flame sensor for your model you can order if needed:
Flame Sensor WP338906

[video=youtube_share;BHDFeNrZ98U]https://youtu.be/BHDFeNrZ98U[/video]

Here's the video to access it:

[video=youtube_share;EHvvES7Ju0A]https://youtu.be/EHvvES7Ju0A[/video]

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jamie119

Premium Member
Awesome thanks so much! We had a similar problem once before, not sure if it was the same thing because I automatically called someone to look at it. But this time it was working fine before the power went out then just wldnt work after..maybe just a coincidence..lol

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help,

If the flame sensor is good, then its the gas coils.

Here's the gas coils for your model:
Gas Valve Solenoid 279834

Jake

Jamie119

Premium Member
I think that sensor was replaced last time..I bought one to try..will let you l ow when it gets here if it works

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you ohm test the flame sensor?

Because without a multimeter you won't be able to fix it without ordering too many parts and hoping one hits it.

When it turns on you can see an orange light come on. Sometimes it lights and you see the flame but then it goes out. Sometimes no flame but the light comes on then off.
If the ignitor is glowing orange everytime it comes on and you already replace the sensor and gas coils, then the only other part it could be is the gas valve itself, which is extremely rare to go bad.

Here's it is for your model:
W10823508 Burner-Gas

Its very odd that this started happening when the power went out, you have very little electronics in this unit, it may be best to have a tech. come out to see what's going on, because its out-of-the normal from the typical repair.

Try it on TIMED DRY and see what happens.

Jake

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Its very odd that this started happening when the power went out, you have very little electronics in this unit, it would be best to have a tech. come out to see what's going on, because its out-of-the normal from the typical repair.

Jake

Jamie119

Premium Member
Thanks for your help. I called a tech yesterday who told me it was def the coils but nothing happened when I changed them..gonna see if he can come out and take a look

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Like I mentioned on the previous page:

If the ignitor is glowing orange everytime it comes on and you already replace the sensor and gas coils, then the only other part it could be is the gas valve itself, which is extremely rare to go bad, but can happen.:)

Here's it is for your model:
W10823508 Burner-Gas

Jake

Jamie119

Premium Member
Oh my..I hope it's not that expensive part..lol..I'm gonna see if the guy can come tomorrow..thanks for everything!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, let us know what he finds, I'm very curious.

Jake

Jamie119

Premium Member
Repairman came, the gas valve had a clog..at least I think that's what he said..lol..he did say one of the coils was bad, but that clog was stopping it from making a difference..thanks for all your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Clog?

That's very strange, gas should not have foreign objects in it.:)

So I doubt that will fix it for the long run, but time will tell.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
One of the gas coils was bad?

But you already replaced both with new ones? I've never seen gas coils come bad brand new in the package, unless it had shipping damage.

So I'm thinking that was the problem more than a clog.:)

When you order parts from our links you always 365 day warranty, and free shipping if a part comes bad to replace it.

Jake

Jamie119

Premium Member
Lol..he said it cld have been just a piece of dirt or anything..when I replaced the gas coils, I no longer was getting a flame at all. So I put the old ones back in. When he said one was bad it was the old ones..all I know is it works for now..we will see for how long though..lol