• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

IKEA/Whirlpool Refrigerator ID3CHEXVS00 - Icemaker dropping a lot of water

DavidGny

Premium Member
Model Number
ID3CHEXVS00
Brand
Whirlpool
I have an IKEA id3chexvs00 2-door and for some reason there is a lot of water dripping out of the icemaker on the nozzle size of the freezer. It pools up and freezes into large ice patches. I did replace the icemaker assembly a couple of years ago, but this is recent, and it's been getting progressively worse

20221106_230254.jpg 20221106_230316.jpg 20221106_230307.jpg

The water dispensing nozzle appears to be lined up with icemaker, and when I see it dispensing water, it doesn't appear to be spraying out.

I'm stumped!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Take your ice maker out and see if the fill cup has ice in it, that would cause water to spray everywhere when it fills. Also make sure the black rubber fill tube that comes down from the ceiling is lining up straight into that fill cup.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
2198597 Complete Icemaker Assembly (8 Cube)

When you click the ice maker part link you will see a video of how to remove and replace it.

Jake

DavidGny

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I stuck my finger in the fill cup and it appears to be empty. As far as the nozzle is concerned, is there a way to adjust its position?
A couple of articles I read said that the valve may be faulty. Is that possibly the case here?

DavidGny

Premium Member
Hi Jake, I "caught" the icemaker refilling after it emptied, and yes, the nozzle is spraying outside of the fill cup. That's the problem.

However, I can't seem to figure out a way to adjust the location/direction of the nozzle, or to shift the icemaker assembly a little to the left? Or do I need to replace the nozzle? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't see a part replacement for the ice maker fill tube on your model. That black rubber fill tube is bent? It won't go straight down into the fill cup?

See if you can go to your local hardware store a smaller diameter pvc pipe to stick in that black rubber fill tube, like a extension to fit into that fill cup straight into it.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.