• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

ILVE range wont light

davidrcase

Premium Member
Model Number
UPN120FDMPBXLP
After hooking my range up to a propane cylinder i got a small puff of propane coming out the burners but nothing more. I would light for like 2 sesonds and then go out. I took the regulator off the back and when I turn the propane cylinder on I can hear gas coming through the stove side of the regulator. I've spoke to the manufacturer and the only regulator required is the one on the back of the stove so there is a line running directly from the regulator on the stove to a 100 gallon propane tank out site. If I bleed the system I'll get that little puff of flame again and again but no lasting flame, and the system has to be bled again to get the puff, it won't happen everytime I turn on the burner.

Please help!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Set the regulator for LP and not NAT.
LP Conversion- 2.jpeg

davidrcase

Premium Member
7279D626-4BF1-4FC4-AB79-3E698090D7C7.jpeg
Is the model number, I’ve already converted the regulator to lp from natural gas, again this is an llve range

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, we're not going to have any information on that appliance. Never heard of it. Did you check your regulator?

davidrcase

Premium Member
When I remove the regulator I can get gas coming out the stove side? Is there any other way to check and see if a regulator is functional?