• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

I'm over this Samsung Refrigerator icemaker!! RF28JBEDBSG

colbran

Premium Member
Model Number
RF28JBEDBSG
Brand
Samsung
I have a Samsung French door refrigerator with the ice maker in the refrigerator section. Ice keeps forming on the inside of the ice maker housing and eventually ice cubes roll out the top and sides and get stuck rather than dropping into the actual bin. I have to break all this ice up, then use a blow dryer to try to clear the thick layer of frost off. Ice will remake once this process is over, but it just builds up again and within 2-3 weeks, here I am thawing again. I haven't called anyone to come and fix it. I've had really good luck on this forum with advice and my husband can usually do the work. Can anyone give me an idea of what I need to do here?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Look at this photo in this thread:
Is yours doing the same?

In post #3 of that thread I mentioned--->I located the service bulletin on this problem and attached it in that post, but your model number is not listed on it.

Updated Ice Maker DA97-15217D:

Jake

colbran

Premium Member
Yes, mine does that. It's a pretty thick layer of frost and even the ice cubes somehow get out and are stuck to everything. I have to loosen those all up before I get the hair dryer at it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, so you may need the other two parts plus the new updated ice maker I posted in post #3 of this thread too:
You can download the service bulletin I posted in post #3 of that thread too, It shows you how to install those parts.

Jake

colbran

Premium Member
So Jake, if I'm reading this correctly, I need the epoxy, the clip(s) and then the ice maker itself, correct? So three total things? I guess IDK exactly what's going on with it to know if I need all that, but probably better to be safe than sorry and just get all three.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
if I'm reading this correctly, I need the epoxy, the clip(s) and then the ice maker itself, correct? So three total things?
Yes, that would be correct.

I guess IDK exactly what's going on with it to know if I need all that, but probably better to be safe than sorry and just get all three.
That service bulletin should explain why this happens and the steps to fix it per those 3 parts, but the only thing I don't know is if you need all those parts, because your exact model number is not listed in that service bulletin. I know you need the updated ice maker for sure.

But, you are correct, better safe than sorry.

Jake