Infinite switch compatibility

skmann

Premium Member
Model Number
ACF4265AS
Brand
Amana
The infinite switch for the dual element 6"/9" front right cook top has malfunctioned. The problem I have is that Amana (Whirlpool) no longer has the part manufactured/distributed. I have inquired at all my local parts suppliers, called Amana customer service, and performed extensive online searches (including Amazon and eBay) to no avail in locating said part.

I have seen many "universal" infinite switches, but cannot confirm that it will function properly for the cook top. Though many look similar, with the same contacts and labeling (P,L1,L2,H1,H2), I am concerned about installing an improper switch hooked up to 220V.

Can anyone suggest a solution? Are universal switches labeled 240V suitable for this application? Are switches really compatible though have different part numbers?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Amana BigOven Model # ACF4265AS
Infinite switch part # 32064702

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Have the switch out?....have any pictures of the switch?....is it push to turn style?

jeff.

skmann

Premium Member
Already re-installed as I didn't want hot wires loose behind the panel. But here are the shots I took to remind myself of the wiring layout:

20151026_093716.jpg20151026_093944.jpg

Yes, it is push to turn style.
To clarify, I get no continuity reading from L2/H2, and intermittent continuity from L1/H1.

Attachments