• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Infinte Switch Part Change

cbaker

Model Number
KESA907PSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
I am investigating a fire that started with a KitchenAid cooktop, Model # KESA907PSS00. I am specifically looking for the part numbers: 9759781 and 9759782. Those part numbers are the infinite switches for that particular cooktop. I have checked with the manufacturer about ordering these parts however it seems that they are transferred to another part number W10307362. In order to move forward with this investigation I need the original parts that are now discontinued. With that being said do you or any of your colleagues know where I can find these original parts? Also, do you know what the difference is between the new and old parts? I know that they function in the same manner, but what about them makes it different from the original?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

where I can find these original parts?

You will have to call around to see if anybody has the original style collecting dust on a shelf somewhere.....don't hold your breathe!....JMO!
Parts get subbed when a vendor goes out of business, when a part is improved, when a part can be made cheaper...

The instuction sheet has a date on it of 11/09 which would make the new kit 6 years old....chances of finding the original style after 6 years is slim, again JMO!

jeff.