• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Inglis spray arms not spinning

tone-loc

Premium Member
Model Number
ISU98662
Brand
Whirlpool
I have an Inglis (whirlpool) dishwasher, model number ISU98662. It has spray arms on the top and bottom. I rarely use the dishwasher however yesterday I noticed that the second load of dishes I did were still dirty. I had done an earlier load which came out fine. I ran the cycle again and noticed the same thing except that since I was in the kitchen I could not hear the typical noise of water being swirled around. I opened it up mid cycle only to notice the spray arms were in the same position I had left them in when I started the cycle again. the soap had started to come out of the holder but nothing else. It drained fine and filled fine. I could hear almost a buzzing noise while the cycle was supposed to be running.

Where can I start to troubleshoot this from. The spray arms are completely clean and not clogged. They are not spinning. The water pressure in the house is fine and the hot water enters and exits the dishwasher without problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Where can I start to troubleshoot this from.

I could hear almost a buzzing noise while the cycle was supposed to be running.

Find out what is buzzzzing.....wash motor is very possible.

Circulation-Pump-W10237169-01093271.jpg LINK> Circulation pump motor and housing assembly

Sounds like the drain motor is operating ok.

jeff.