Inlet / outlet hose for water filer

brainiac88

Premium Member
Model Number
MSD2456DEB
Brand
Maytag
Hi all,

I am in the process of repairing a few issues on this used MSD2456DEB provided by my landlord. So far, I have been able to repair everything else, but one crucial piece of information eludes me...

When I first got the fridge, we installed a new water filter, but the water output was very weak. I checked the water pressure (very strong), and all the solenoids in each of the four valves (all okay). Thinking that this fridge had been repair before (the valves were not mounted cleanly, and the capacitor had been replaced), maybe the repair person messed up the water lines. So I reversed the water lines leading to the water filter. And the result is that the water is super strong.

So just to be sure that this is all connected correctly, and I wont be getting black bits of carbon from the filter (if it were connected backwards), can anyone tell me which is the inlet and which is the outlet on the UKF7003 filter? Looks like there is a hole in the middle of the tip, and another hole on the side of the tip.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats a good question, I've never run into that issue and I don't know what the inlet/outlet flow would be, the diagram doesn't say either.

Jake