inop thru-door water

davidavid237

Premium Member
Year: about 1996.
Model: SXD22S2E

The water dispenser began lagging a couple of years ago, then quit altogether a few months ago. Ice maker remained functional. A month ago the water dispenser began leaking at the dispenser and the ice cubes became hollow.

I read a similar saga in the forums from earlier in the summer in which the double water valve part #D7742204 was replaced. Did this fix the problem? Is this a fairly straightforward repair?

Thanks a lot for the advice!

David

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the water valve will start wearing out over time, You can take off your water line that hooks into the water valve and check the water pressure by running the water into a empty container, it should flow fast.

If your water line flows fast, then your water valve is bad.

Jake

davidavid237

Premium Member
part on order

As suggested, I tested the feed and the flow is strong. I ordered the new valve and also a new coupler as the current one appeared very worn. Will update when the parts arrive and the fix is complete - or I run into an issue and require a hand. Thanks again.

David

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yea, if the water pressure is strong, then a new water valve should take care of the problem.:3:

Keep us updated!:)

Jake

davidavid237

Premium Member
done, success

I installed the new valve last night and I have a bucket full of ice this morning. Thru-door water is also working for the first time in years.

Thanks, Jake, for the advice and for saving me a bundle. Also for the satisfaction of doing a job myself.

David

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Great job David!:)

Thanks for the update,:3:

Jake