• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Installing a new dishwasher but Bosch wants the power under the sink for the junction box. It's behind the dishwasher. Can it be moved?

Cayaco

Premium Member
Model Number
SHPM65Z55N
Brand
Bosch
I have done this before, installed dishwashers, but with the new Bosch I just got delivered it needs a junction box mounted under the sink. The power is behind the dishwasher, like every other one I have done and the manual says to specifically not mount the box behind the dishwasher as there will be no room. The old unit was what I have always seen with an integrated power box the wire ran directly into.

Here is what it looks like now:

That hardwire needs to be over under the cabinet, but its behind the drywall. Can I mount it up along the drywall and drill a hole over to the sink compartment or will this require a much larger remodel?

The plumbing is all fine, I can get the drain and hot water line through the existing holes to have them hooked up, but I have never faced this issue before as normally you just wire the dishwashers directly up, at least I did a bunch of years ago so I am not prepared for this new fangled junction box future.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
If you have the room for the romex, hard wire it directly to the dishwasher. Use the right size wire nuts and black tape to secure them.