• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Instruction to replace inner door panel for Electrolux built-in microwave EW30MO55

Manjo62

Premium Member
Model Number
EW30MO55
Brand
Electrolux
Hello,

Past weekend my wife had a weird accident with the Microwave, something caused a hole in inner glass and it melted and cracked. I checked parts list and see that I need to buy inner door panel number 5304470578 since they do not sell glass separately, I called Electrolux and confirmed that there is no replacement inner glass and ordered the inner door panel.

I cannot find anywhere instructions to install the panel. I removed the inner door choke cover and see screws to remove the inner door panel but I have no idea if that is the right method. Additionally the door hinges do not have any clip or anything else to remove the door. Installation instructions which are at ftp://ftp.electrolux-na.com/ProdInfo_PDF/Springfield/TINSEB504MRR0.pdf do not have instructions on removing the door or replacing the inner door panel.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
EW27 EW30 1.jpgEW27 EW30 2.jpgEW27 EW30 3.jpg

1. Disconnect the oven power supply cord and remove outer case.

2. Open the door and block it open.

3. Discharge the high voltage capacitor.

CAUTION
TO DISCHARGE THE HIGH VOLTAGE CAPACITOR, WAIT FOR 60 SECONDS AND THEN SHORT-CIRCUIT THE CONNECTION OF THE HIGH-VOLTAGE CAPACITOR (THAT IS THE CONNECTING LEAD OF THE HIGH-VOLTAGE RECTIFIER) AGAINST THE CHASSIS WITH THE USE OF AN INSULATED SCREWDRIVER.

4. Close the door.

5. Remove two (2) door springs from door cam right, oven hinge right, door cam left and oven hinge left.

6. Release the door cams right and left from the right and left door cam pins of the door.

7. Remove the door cams right and left from the oven cavity front plate.

8. Open the door assembly at an angle of more than 90½° with the oven cavity front plate.

9. To release the right and left door hinge pins of the door assembly from the oven hinges right and left, slide the door assembly to the left. When removing the door assembly, hold the door assembly to prevent it from falling.

10. Now, the door assembly is free.

11. Place the door assembly on a soft cloth with latch heads facing up.

12. Insert a putty knife into the gap between the choke cover and door frame to free engaging parts.

13. Unsnap the choke cover by working your way around

14. Now choke cover is free from door panel and door frame.

15. Remove the fourteen (14) screws holding the door panel assembly to the door frame.

16. Remove the door panel assembly from door frame.

17. Remove the one (1) screw holding the latch head R to the door panel assembly.

18. Remove the latch spring R from the latch head R and the handle lever.

19. Now, the latch head R is free.

20. Remove the one (1) screw holding the latch head L to the door panel assembly.

21. Remove the latch spring L from the latch head L and the handle lever.

22. Now, the latch head L is free.

23. Release the two (2) handle springs from the two (2) handle levers.

24. Pull out the two (2) handle pins from the two (2) handle levers.

25. Remove the two (2) handle levers from the door panel.

26. Now, the door panel is free.

DOOR ASSEMBLY RE-INSTALL

1. On reinstalling the door assembly, insert oven hinges right and left into the right and left door hinge pins.

2. Insert and hook the door cams right and left to the right and left door cam pins.

3. Reinstall the two (2) door springs between the door cams and the oven hinges right and left.

AFTER ANY SERVICE TO THE DOOR:

1. Make sure that the door sensing switch and the secondary interlock switch are operating properly.

2. An approved microwave survey meter should be used to assure compliance with proper microwave radiation emission limitation standards.

It will probably take you as long as it took me to write this...LOL

Last edited:

Manjo62

Premium Member
Thanks

It will probably take you as long as it took me to write this...LOL
LOL, yeah I will do it in less time than it took you to write this.

Thanks I really appreciate it, I knew I will have to take that thing out so I ordered the left and right release key as my installer never gave me those. This was installed by GC in a brand new house with brand new kitchen. Looks like my Saturday morning will be spend doing this..I will post it and tell you how long it took.