• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

FIXED Intermittent power model number SMH9151W

firedive

Premium Member
Model Number
SMH9151W
Brand
Samsung
Only works occasionally, always has power to the panel whether it works or not. The timer still counts down even when not working. No lights or fan when it's not working. Every once in a while it works, usually only once or twice then it stops. When It does run sometimes the fan, lights and turn table stop but the clock keeps counting down and then it will restart all by itself.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

firedive

Premium Member
Thanks,
I pulled the switch holder and they all tested out fine. When I removed the individual switches I found one of the NORMALLY OPEN switches worked fine until, the switch was depressed until it bottomed out and then it would open again
Thanks again I'll order it now.

Tim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Tim,

Then that's likely the problem, good find!

Let us know how it goes when you get it!

Jake

firedive

Premium Member
The new switch did the job.
Ordered the part through your site on the 6th of November when I got home from work on the 8th the part was waiting for me, under 5 minutes to install, you guys are the BEST!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Tim, glad to hear that was the only problem and your back in business.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake