• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Is a 19 year old Wolf dual fuel 36" range worth buying?

Noone

Premium Member
Model Number
DF366
Brand
Sub Zero
Hello,

I fund a 36" perfect condition dual fuel wolf range I'd like to buy. Problem is, the range build date is 2003... and seller won't budge off $6500 for it.

Range looks perfect, it seems to have been refurbished. I'm just hesitant about a 19 year old range specially when wolf only keeps parts for up to 20 years.

I found several newer ranges but all gas for less money. Not sure what to do, if the range was newer, I wouldn't mind paying 6.5k. What do you all think?

paulhl

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Being a servicer for SZ/WOLF I think the $ is too high. Not too many issues with these so I don't know what you mean by refurbished. If you're going to spend that much I would look at the newer Wolf dual fuel units.

Noone

Premium Member
they repolished the stainless steel, grates, etc. I can't find another used dual fuel. New is like 11k :(. I found several gas ones, do you have any experience with them?

paulhl

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I never liked the all gas units. I see alot of new on line for under 7K
They are based in your state- maybe could get a deal?

Last edited:

Noone

Premium Member
Parts wise, is there any difference between an older dual range with the newer ones? Yes I've seen all gas ranges for around 3-5k.

paulhl

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The newer ones have better burner heads not susceptible to loosening up and then warping. I meant dual fuel for under 7K not all gas. Plus you'll get a decent warranty if it's still the same- 2 yrs parts&labor--5 yrs on many parts