Is it terminal?

Woodchuck2

Premium Member
Frigidaire side-by side Model PHS39EHSS3 less than 4 years old. Long history of problems: front adjustable wheel failure (replaced), faulty condenser fan motor and blades (replaced), compressor/evaporator failure (replaced), evaporator fan iced up, defrost drain repeatedly iced (drain tube realigned and caulked, drain grommet realigned, heat probe installed, new drain pan installed). Most recent problems: 1) freezer side reads 0, fridge side fluctuates between 37 and 51, 2) unplug and restart, error code "4" on fridge temp read-out, 3) unplug and restart, freezer side 0, fridge side 75, 4) found small oil pool beneath unit, oil spray very apparent on and beneath compressor, oil appears to be leaking around solder joint created when new compressor installed, 5) again restarted unit, freezer side cools to 0, then no cooling on either side. The condenser and evaporator fans are running, the compressor seems to be running, but very quietly (for a change!) and it is neither warm nor cool to the touch. Frigidaire says they only provide a 1-year warranty on this unit but will consider a 20% rebate on a future Frigidaire purchase because of my inconvenience (not to mention the $1900 they took out of my pocket). I've lost all confidence in my dealer's repair crew and the store is also giving me a major run-around concerning their "in-store No Worry 5/10 Year Protection Plan." My question: is this even worth attempting to repair?

Woodchuck2

Premium Member
Jake,
Thanks so much for your listening ear; it's been a very frustrating sequence of events. I'm not even sure why I asked about repairing the unit---repaired or not, I really don't think I could comfortably depend on it given its terrible history. Hope I can turn this lemon into lemonade; I appreciate your insight.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, whenever you have that policy "in-store No Worry 5/10 Year Protection Plan" and your getting the run around, thats basically all thats left to do file a compliant.

Jake