• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

Is it worth it to repair my microwave?

home-appliances-girl

Premium Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2007
Messages
13
Location
Toronto
I have a 7 year old GE above the range microwave oven. It is making a weird sound. We think that the Magnetron is going out again because it happened the same when the microwave was 2 years old. Im considering that this is an over the range microwave which is much more expensive, otherwise I would have tossed it long ago. I would like to know what you guys think. Should I repair it again or toss it?
 
Top