• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Issues out of the box - no lights, no water-ice, incorrect fridge temp on panel- Help! Dinner Party

frodiggs

Premium Member
Model Number
RF28HDEDBSR
Brand
Samsung
Unit is a few days old. Works well for 5 mins after being plugged in. I have Samsung coming next week but really need to get a few things working for my dinner party this weekend.

• no interior lights in fridge
  • front panel, fridge temp is constant and wrong
  • no water
  • no ice

Temperatures are fine in the freezer and fridge - Set at 0 and 38 f respectively. Display is fine for freezer, adjusts and displays based on my changes. I wonder if the computer is not giving lights and water etc due to seeing or thinking the internal temp is 61f?

Install was crappy, perhaps they missed a connection as the doors had to be removed. On the topic of doors i cannot get the right door to align. i put 3 med shims on the outer door hinges and raised it, but also noticed that while the unit is level, the feet are not down. i tried the screwdriver adjust but they wont move, concerned about bending the plastic grooves here. Thinking maybe raising on the right will be me the .5 in i need to align with the left door.

TIA

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I wish I could help you, but I have no training or experience on Samsung appliances, hopefully another tech. can assist you.

But from what you said, it sounds like they didn't plug the wire connection in properly, or they missed one they forgot to plug in.

Jake