• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

IT-36CI Sub Zero Refrigerator Seal Too Strong, gurgles

Kaempfe

Premium Member
Model Number
IT-36CI
Brand
Sub Zero
I have a video if anyone wants to see. We bought a house that had a sub zero fridge with freezer in the bottom. When you close the refrigerator door, it gurgles for like 30 seconds and it’s gotten worse and worse. It seals so strongly that my kids can’t open the frig and even my wife and I have to pry it open by pulling the door and pressing against the frame. As you are pulling on the door, it guesses. The gurgling is really loud and cannot be right. We asked for a repair and they told my wife a sub zero is designed to keep a tight seal and maintain cold even in a power outage.

But this is getting worse and worse. Can Simone tell me what to check? It doesn’t seem to be leaking anywhere. I know that there is a copper line under the fridge that was sticking out and we pushed it back under the fridge. Several days later, we started to hear the gurgling but now it’s really getting bad.
Any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_7936.MOV
    24.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7939.MOV
    31.3 MB · Views: 0

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I couldn't get the videos to play but I did listen to the audio. Can you tell (pinpoint) where that noise is coming from? I can't remember ever hearing that noise before from Sub Zero.

Kaempfe

Premium Member
It sounds likes it right behind the frig door or in the wall next to it. It’s very loud.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Can you recheck your model number for me? I can't get anything to come up with that one. Be sure to read it off the model tag.