• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

IX5HHEXWS09 Whirlpool French Door freezer cold, refrigerator warm

floydo

Model Number
IX5HHEXWS09
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi, I have whirlpool/ikea French door refrigerator IX5HHEXWS09. Freezer is cold refrigerator section warm. I run a test from 1 to 6 as per manufacture sheet and all parts are good. The evaporating fan is good, damper door is open and air is not flowing from freezer to refrigerator. However when I open freezer drawer the cold air starts blowing thru the damper door into refrigerator. It means there is a problem with return air from refrigerator to freezer. I noticed the freezer coil is full of frost. So it looks like there is a problem with defrosting and the frost is blocking return air passage. I put the machine into defrost mode manually and the heater got hot and start defrosting buildup frost. It looks like the defrost process is not initiate automatically. After defrosting the appliance was working perfectly until frost was build up in the freezer 4-5 weeks later and everything repeat. Any idea what need to be fixed so I don’t have to manually defrost every 4-5 weeks?
Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The problem is your JAZZ board has gone bad and its not going into the defrost cycle properly.

Here's the JAZZ BOARD for your model you can order:
WPW10503278 Electronic Control Board

There's a video in that link that shows you how to access/replace it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake