Jake- Official thanks thread!

jeeper50

Premium Member
Not sure how I found this forum, but it is an awesome website for appliance repair.

So if you haven't offered Jake and all who spend their time moderating and helping all of us thanks, now is the time to do it.

Jake- thanks for all you do!!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks jeeper50 for the nice compliments.:)

Jake

tabasco813

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. You made it very easy for me repair my GE oven myself and avoid high costs of a repair call...times are tough this is one way you helped me save $$$!

Sirtravers

Premium Member
Thanks Jake!

Thanks to Admin Jake for your smarts. I have a Whirlpool Duet Sport washer that was throwing an F21 code. I stumbled across this site and took Jake's advice for finding the online manual and not being scared to try a few things. 10 minutes later the washer is good as new. Turns out the drain pump filter was clogged up.
Great site and great help!
JT from Hobbs NM

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks tabasco813 & JT for the nice compliments.:)

Jake

Blackie

Premium Member
More thanks

I had to put in a new motor into my electric dryer and found lots of valuable info here. I spent $200 but this forum saved me the cost of a new dryer...and gave me confidence to try more repairs myself. Many thanks & Go Dawgs!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks, I really appreciate all the nice compliments.:)

Jake

Jmarks

Premium Member
Kudos

This site and applianceaid.com have saved me hundreds$$$. I have replaced a timer and ignitor in my Maytag Dryer in seperate incidents. I have replaced a hub in my Maytag Washer and a water level switch in seperate incidents. I have repaired my Whirlpool Dishwasher with a very obscure diagnostic code to determine that the heater coil was burned out. I repaired my central heating with a furnace inducer blower. This was over the winter on a cold cold Friday and Saturday I found the replacement part locally, but with the help of this site and others. Today my Whirlpool fridge is dying. I have my fingers crossed and will watch the posts. My only recommendation would be to advertise the fact that it is only $5 for a lifetime membership. Again, thank you thank you thank you!

Aperio

Premium Member
Nothing but love

Jake,

I truly hope you still read the threads in this section, because I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being so awesome to put together a forum like this. I had the "water on the inside of the refrigerator" problem, and after having just completed a cross country move a couple of months ago, the last thing I wanted to be faced with was having to deal with the hassle of finding an honest repairman in an area I don't know and then having to deal with the expenses to have the problem fixed.

I am completely naive about anything mechanical but figured i would take a shot and do some google searching, and here is where i wound up.

In the matter of an evening, i was already able to diagnose the problem, follow the instructions on how to fix it (which, really.. for me - an accomplishment!) and i haven't had any problems since then (well not any refrigerator related that is..heh). Not only was this good for the refrigerator, but frankly i got quite the ego boost from it! hehehe.. I kid.. but no really.. :)

For those of us that just wouldn't know where to begin with a problem like this, you are truly a godsend. I simply can't thank you enough for you very generous spirit.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thank you all very much for all the nice compliments.:)

Jake

Wiffle

Premium Member
Jake, another thanks to you for this forum.

My husband and I have repaired several appliances with your help. Off the top of my head, I can think of our washer and dryer, a microwave, and recently, our dishwasher.

You make it easy for us to try to fix things ourselves. As a 45 year old housewife, I don't even know where to begin on appliance repairs, but you make the task much less daunting.

I just sent a small token of appreciation via your "Donate" button. I hope others notice it at the bottom of the page.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Wiffle.:)

Jake

aoVI

another thanks to Jake

With the help of your videos and posts I was able to fix our dishwasher and saved some of the little money I have these days.

The contribution of your time and effort in order to help the people of these forums is much appreciated and respected.

Thank you Jake!

silverblueBP

Premium Member
Big THANKS to Jake

Just wanted to thank you for your help Jake. It's refreshing to find professionals that are willing to help those of us with some mechanical skills, save money. The way you methodically work through a problem is impressive!

I have been able to find answers and get parts through you and this site that have saved me a lot of time and money.

Thanks again,
Mark

novalee518

Premium Member
Jake...stumbled on you after much research concerning my GE side-by-side defrosting/freezing problem which seems typical with this model. Your suggestions were "right on" and I am now performing steps suggested. Have located parts needed and working toward final solution. YOU ARE FANTASTIC! GE not so....they have no support whatsoever offering the kind of advise you did. They want to send a tech. to your house $$$$, he/she will analyse $$$$$, perform necessary repair $$$$, and leave your home with cash in tow $$$$!!! Believe me, this is the LAST GE appliance I purchase! Again, Thank You VERY MUCH...

novalee518

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
Not sure if you are still watching these post...Question...My GE gsh22sgre has the problem with the malfunctioning control panel causing the freezer to build up ice inside the coils between the freezer walls. I read the suggestions to purchase a new computer board. I was in Home Depot yest. and noticed a newer ge side-by-side just like mine. Opened the freezer compartment and noticed a redesigned rear panel. Now the have venting grooves in the lower portion of the panel that covers that small "radiator". So, here's the question, has anyone ever created a vent in the model causing the problem or does everyone go out and purchase a new computer board? Has the reason for the malfunction, other than bad parts, ever been discovered? Is it really a bad part or is it a malfunction because of a design flaw? Why did GE change the design and add a vented panel to the newer freezer section? Hope you have some advise...I'm ready to take my panel off and make a redesign from unvented to vented by cutting some vent lines etc. into the panel.

TxPatriot

Premium Member
What a true blessing!

Sears Parts Website and Customer Service really are not helpful at all. I only happened by this site by typing in the browser search for the item I needed. Thankfully, it propagated one of the same questions a member had! Simply typed in my model number - and there were pictures of parts and everything - unlike Sears Parts - where there are diagrams. You would think the maker of the item would tell you what all is needed - in my case, the plastic that covers the transport bolts were missing. Though I have the bolts, the picture reflects that the plastic is what affixes to the washer with a clamp (separate item) which bellows to the outer tub to keep it stable whilst moving. :) Prices are really comparable too! Thank you Jake!

Last edited:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Just 2 cents worth...

unlike Sears Parts - where there are diagrams. You would think the maker of the item
Do remember that Sears makes nothing! Other manuafctures make the items and Sears just puts thier name on it.

jeff.