• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

JBP82K0F1CC oven won't turn off

Trent22

Premium Member
Model Number
JBP82K0F1CC
Brand
GE
We recently had an F2 error and replaced the temperature sensor. The error is gone, but the oven does not shut off once turned on. This range is 16+ years old so we don't want to spend a lot trying to fix it. What I've read so far points to the electronic control board which is apparently difficult to find and expensive. Any low-cost suggestions before we give in and buy a new one?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Electronic control likely defective

We recently had an F2 error and replaced the temperature sensor. The error is gone, but the oven does not shut off once turned on.
An F2 fault code can also represent too hot of temperature. That could result because of the latter.

What I've read so far points to the electronic control board
If the heating is not shutting off, a relay on the control PCB may be shorted. Individual components of those electronic control are not usually available separately requiring the whole control to be replaced.

electronic control board which is apparently difficult to find and expensive. Any low-cost suggestions before we give in and buy a new one?
The electronic control on your model looks to be discontinued and is NLA. It is unlikely you will find a new one. You may be able to find a good used one though. Try the following link.

LINK > GE JBP82KF1CC Electronic Control WB27T10355

Dan O.

Trent22

Premium Member
Thank you!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your expertise. We may try the used part. It's good to have confirmation of the issue to avoid wasting more time and money.